Sunday, October 27, 2013

Going to Hell in a Hand Basket

This is my inaugural You Kids Stay Off My Lawn...Geez The World Is Going To Hell In A Hand Basket post.

If you couldn't tell from this post, I'm a fan of the old six-shooters made by JP Sauer & Sohn (imported by Hawes).  And I recently won an auction for a Western Marshal in .22lr.  It will be my first JP Sauer six-shooter (and 2nd six-shooter overall).  Since I was trying to get a feel for their prices, I've been watching every Hawes/Sauer auction on Gunbroker for the past month.  Most examples in good to very good condition have been selling between $280-$340.
This is a big part of the appeal for me.  Being able to collect quality pieces at fair prices.  It's one of the few guns made by JP Sauer that I can afford.  (Don't believe me?  Check out the prices for their double barrel shotguns or drilling guns.)  That said, I'm watching this one auction that ends in an hour.  It started at a penny.  It's now at $680!!  Six hundred and eighty dollars!! 
                             http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=370543006
Unsure if the Hawes Montana Marshals were made out of gold or something, I did a quick google search.  But didn't find anything out of the ordinary.  Most people paid around the same price as the Western Marshal.  So yeah, what the hell?  I have no idea, but that gun is going for almost $700.

Going to hell in a hand basket.  No doubt about it.     

No comments:

Post a Comment