Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Beretta Jetfire and a Side of Gravy

Okay, I'm going to be honest here.  That title has almost nothing to do with this post.  But I liked the sound of it so I went with it.

The title would've been more fitting if this was an in depth post about the Beretta 950 Jetfire (something that I plan on doing "some day").  After all, I love my Jetfire.  Have it with me most of the time, even in a few dreams where I used my trusty Jetfire to fight zombies, and one time, ghosts.  So yeah, it's a well loved gun.  And I'll get into the nitty-gritty "one day".  I promise.  But in the meanwhile, here is the meat and potatoes of this post.
      
The Beretta Jetfire in .25 ACP comes standard with an 8-round magazine.  Pictured is a nice example made by Mec-Gar.  I have a few Mec-Gars.  They work nicely.  No complaints.  Mec-Gar makes fine stuff.  But yesterday I found this monstrosity on GunBroker.
It's a 15 round magazine for the Beretta Jetfire!!  15 rounds!!  Geez, that sucker is literary going to stick out like a sore thumb and probably look something like this:
That is a Glock 19 with a 33 round magazine.  Looks silly, but it gets the job done.  The picture is a screenshot from the TV show, Jericho.  Swiped it from IMFDB which is a cool site to browse if you wanted to know, for example, what gun Eddie Murphy used in Beverly Hills Cop (Browning Hi-Power, by the way).

So yeah.  A 15 round magazine will look ugly and silly, and may lead to slide bite or hammer bite (the Jetfire bites if you don't position your fingers properly).  It may cause reliability issues.

But in spite of all that, I'm planning on getting one.  It's too weird not to try it.  

Well, that's it for today's episode.  Meat and potatoes: Done.   

UPDATE: (11/01/13) Ordered one today from GunBroker.


No comments:

Post a Comment