Friday, December 13, 2013

Steyr Model 1895 Carbine: PURCHASED!!

Guns I Want To Buy: Steyr Mannlicher 95/34 
Guns I've Bought: Steyr Model 1895 Carbine



Let's update this previous Guns I Want To Buy post with a Guns I've Bought post.  I'm happy to report that today I bought a Steyr Model 1895 Carbine.   

I don't want to recap the old post too much, but needless to say, after Great Gun Scare of early 2013, the surplus supply of these old rifles dried up.  Or so I thought.  Thankfully Southern Ohio Guns had some squirreled away.  Regular price was $109.  But kindly enough, "SOG" decided to do a 12 Days of Christmas sale and included the Steyr M1895 as one of the specials.


So yeah, I got the rifle for $89.  Not too bad for a rifle that packs more punch than a Mosin Nagant.  I'm going to have to reload for it, though.  8x56R ammo is NOT cheap.  No sir or ma'am.  I'd be in the poor house shooting at those prices.  Anyway, I'll update as things go along.  Order up.    
  

No comments:

Post a Comment